Your marathon race checklist
With a lot of big marathons coming up we are often asked what sort of a checklist do we have or do we even have one. Make your own from the list below and follow it. It helps to calm the nerves to know that you only have to worry about running and that you have everything else looked after. We have broken this down into Pre race, race and post race.
- Race confirmation sheets
- Directions to race and number pick-up
- Vaseline or other anti-chafing lotion
- Cut toenails in advance of race to avoid bloody toes during a race.
- Hat or visor
- Safety pins as not all races may supply them.
- Water bottle/hot beverage travel mug for the drive
- Toilet paper
- Watch or GPS or whatever else you use for your race.
- Shoes, orthotics if necessary
- Base layer if needed.
- Old sweatshirt or T-shirt you can toss after a few miles
- Energy bars if you'll be standing around for several hours before the race
- Singlet/short-sleeve or long-sleeve shirt for race, as weather dictates
- Sports bra (for the ladies)
- Shorts for race.
- Socks that you have trained in. Remember use even new socks at least a few times before your race
- Gels or sports drink if you've been training with them
- Band-Aids or NipGuards if necessary
- Extra socks (including compression sleeves or socks to wear in the car)
- Change of clothes
- Warm jacket. The potential for viruses is at its highest when our bodies are at their weakest.
- Food if you won't be fed at the post-race festivities
Let us know if there is anything you would add to this list!
Everything is possible to those who believe #onestepatatime